Q1.The book that I wish to loan is under [CHECK SHELF] state, but I could not find it on the shelf?
Q2.How to read the due date in the system?
Our library shows the date as dd/mm/yy, e.g.: 14/02/20. That means the due date is on the 14th of Febuary 2020.
Q3.The book that I wish to loan is under [In Processing] state. How can I loan it?
If the books are under [In Processing] state, that means the books had just been bought and still working in progress. If you wish to loan these books, please come to 3rd circulation front desk and fill in [In Processing Books Reserve Application Form], we will prioritize those books and reserve them for you. After our staffs had finished processing the books, we will send an E-mail to notify you, by that time you can come to loan it.
Q4.The book that I wish to loan is under [B2 Compact Shelves] state. How can I loan it?
All B2 shelves are under colsed management, the readers are not allow to enter the floor, the librarians will take the books out if needed. Please the books that keep in the area are books that are rarely checked out, older editions or have multiple coppies on the shelves. Please make sure there is no other copies or later editions on the shelves before you fill in the borrowing form at our 3rd floor counter. We will inform you through E-mail after the our staffs have got the books for you.
Q5.How do I access to E-books?
Q6.Why can I not renew my book?
Q7.I have already returned the book, but why is it still under my account?
Please check if the book is still with you, if not, please contact us and we will take down the informtion, then search the book in the library.
Q8.What should I do if I accidently lost the book I borrowed?
Q9.Can visitors loan books?
If you are our Alumni, you can pay deposit or find a guarantor to sign for you and apply for 'Alumni Loaning Card'. As for visitor, you can apply for 'Library Friends' by paying deposit and annual fee, for further information and application form please click the link: https://lis.nsysu.edu.tw/p/412-1001-1231.php
Q11.How to renew borrowed library materials through the Internet？
- Access the home page of NSYSU Office of library and information Services at ：https://dec.lib.nsysu.edu.tw/search*en
- Select 【View My Record】from the Main Menu
- Enter your name and NSYSU ID Card Number + Subcode ( Subcode is zero)
- Select【 X items currently checked out】
- Select the library material(s) you wish to renew and then click 【renew selected items】or click 【Renew All】to renew all borrowed items
- Note the new due date of the item(s) successfully renewed
- Select 【log out】to end the renewal service
Q12.The reasons why renewing is failed？
- The books have already passed the deadline or the renewing is too early.
- The book has already been reserved.
- The book has exceeded its renewing limits.
If you have any questions about renewing, please dial the Ext.2426. We are glad to serve you.
Q13.When we copy the materials what other things that we should keep in mind?
When you copy the materials, you have to notice the “Three principles of copy”:
•Mono article copy
•Non-profit purpose copy
When you print please use it regularly and don’t violate the laws.