Q1.The book that I wish to loan is under the [CHECK SHELF] state, but I could not find it on the shelf?
Q2.How to read the due date in the system?
Our library shows the date as dd/mm/yy, e.g.: 14/02/20. That means the due date is on the 14th of February 2020.
Q3.The book that I wish to loan is under the [In Processing] state. How can I loan it?
If the book is under the [In Processing] state, that means the book had just been bought and is in processing. If you want to loan the book, please apply for a reservation in the "Find Documents and Interlibrary Loan". We will prioritize the book and reserve it for you and issue a "Book Arrival Notice" after the book processing is completed, by that time you can come to loan it.
Q4.The book that I wish to loan is under the [B2 Compact Shelves] state. How can I loan it?
All B2 shelves are under close management, readers are not allowed to enter the floor, and the librarians will take the books out if needed. The books kept in the area are rarely checked out, older editions or have multiple copies on the shelves. Please make sure there are no other copies or later editions on the shelves before you go to the "Find Documents and Interlibrary Loan System" to submit a request. We will inform you by issuing a "Book Arrival Notice" after our staff has got the book for you.
Q5.How do I access to E-books?
Q6.Why can I not renew my book?
Q7.I have already returned the book, but why is it still under my account?
Please check if the book is still with you, if not, please contact us and we will take down the informtion, then search the book in the library.
Q8.What should I do if I accidentally lost the book I borrowed?
Q9.Can visitors loan books?
If you are our Alumni, you can pay a deposit or find a guarantor to sign for you and apply for 'Alumni Loaning Card'. As for a visitor, you can apply for 'Library Friends' by paying a deposit and annual fee, for further information and the application form please click the link: https://lis.nsysu.edu.tw/p/412-1001-1231.php
Q11.How to renew borrowed library materials through the Internet？
- Access the home page of NSYSU Office of library and information Services at：https://dec.lib.nsysu.edu.tw/search*en
- Select 【View My Record】from the Main Menu
- Enter your name and NSYSU ID Card Number + Subcode ( Subcode is zero)
- Select【 X items currently checked out】
- Select the library material(s) you wish to renew and then click 【renew selected items】or click 【Renew All】to renew all borrowed items
- Note the new due date of the item(s) successfully renewed
- Select 【log out】to end the renewal service
Q12.The reasons why renewing failed？
- The books have already passed the deadline or the renewing is too early.
- The book has already been reserved.
- The book has exceeded its renewing limits.
If you have any questions about renewing, please dial Ext.2426. We are glad to serve you.
Q13.When we copy the materials what other things we should keep in mind?
When you copy the materials, you have to notice the “Three principles of copy”:
•Mono article copy
•Non-profit purpose copy
When you print please use it regularly and don’t violate the laws.