Thesis format regulations
- The electronic thesis is the same as the printed thesis, please refer to "Thesis/Dissertation Format Regulations" for formatting regulations.
- Fonts：It is recommended to use the default built-in fonts. Otherwise, the converted PDF file may not display all fonts properly.
- Special symbols: If you need to use special symbols in your thesis, it is recommended to use the built-in symbol function (Insert > Symbol) of the document software.
- Images: Please use *.gif, *.jpg, *.png, etc. when inserting image files in the document to avoid conversion errors.
Format review points：(View in full screen )
Convert thesis to PDF
Before converting the thesis to PDF：
- Please combine the entire paper into a single PDF file, and make sure that the content and order of the PDF file conforms to the Thesis/Dissertation Format Regulations.
- You do not need to add a spine page and the "Thesis authorization letter" to your electronic thesis; these two items will be added when the thesis is printed.
- Recommended: In the document software - [File] menu, select [Save/Export as PDF] or [Save as New File], and select [*PDF] as the file format.
- If you cannot use the above method, you can install other PDF conversion software and select [PDF Printer] to print the document as a PDF file when printing.
※You can choose any software for PDF conversion, but please pay attention to whether the text in the converted PDF can be searched. If the text cannot be searched properly, please try other conversion methods or conversion software.
※Please do not set PDF preservation by yourself to avoid affecting the review process. The thesis system will automatically set up PDF preservation after the review is completed.
- Adobe Acrobat 5.0 or above: Adobe Acrobat software is available on the computers in the Information Area on the 4th floor of the library, which can provide transcoding and editing functions. Please contact the counter on the 4th floor to register for use.
- PDFSam Basic： Free, standalone edition. Split, merge, rotate, mix and extract pages from PDF files. (Recommended)
- Adobe Acrobat free online editing tools：Adobe official website provides online PDF tools, you can register your personal account to use online for free. If you have a need to merge PDF files, you can use it. (At present, this tool does not support Chinese "Kai-ti" fonts, it is not recommended to use its conversion and text editing functions)
- PDF-XChange Editor：The free version provides basic tools for those who need to edit PDF files, but advanced editing and merging PDF files is a paid function.
- BullZip PDF Printer(freeware): This tool is for transferring files only. If you are using an old version of the document software (ex: word 2010), you can try to use it if you cannot directly save it as PDF.
- Any PDF tool that can conform to thesis formatting requirements after PDF conversion. Some online PDF tools may have textual abnormalities in the PDF content after online editing, please be sure to check whether the PDF text can be searched. Choose the online tool carefully to ensure the safety of your personal information.